Networker

[Networker] Update on VMware and NetWorker

2004-04-15 21:28:30
Subject: [Networker] Update on VMware and NetWorker
From: Dmitri Joukovski <dmitri AT LEGATO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 21:28:29 -0400
Hi there,

This is to inform you that we have qualified NetWorker 7.1.1 with VMware
ESX 2.0.1 and GSX 2.5.1 for the following configurations:

- NW Windows or Linux client within a Virtual Machine (VM) for both GSX and
ESX
- NW Windows or Linux client within a host OS for GSX server to
backup .vmdk files
- NW client for Linux within a Service Console for ESX server to backup
*.dsk files

Legato Software Compatibility Guide has been updated with VMware info.

Does anybody run savepnpc with Vmware scripts for Add Redo and Commit Redo
so you don?t have to power down VMs before backup of *.dsk files?

I?d like to hear about your experience and requirements for backup of
Vmware servers with NetWorker.

Regards
Dmitri Joukovski
Principal Product Manager for NetWorker