Networker

Re: [Networker] Unload retry for

2004-04-15 15:35:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unload retry for
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 15:34:57 -0400
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Erik Lalancette wrote:

>Hi i receive that. And my Library stop working.
>
>error message unload retry for jukebox .... sleeping 30 seconds.
>
>error message unload retry for jukebox .... failed - time limit exceed:
>aborting.
>
>Do you have a idea?
>
>This is my hardware

You need to visually inspect your tape library. The error message you
received could be the result of several conditions such as a tape stuck in
a tape drive, a tape that fell out of the gripper and is interfering with
the movement of the robotic arm, or you might need to adjust your
NetWorker server to slow down the jukebox operations.

You didn't say which operating system you're using for your NetWorker
server, but if its Unix, check the /var/messages or other similar file
to see if there are any hardware errors being reported there.