Networker

[Networker] Incremantal backups in Legato Networker 6.1.4

2004-04-13 06:18:26
Subject: [Networker] Incremantal backups in Legato Networker 6.1.4
From: Mariusz Bogumil <marbo AT TPI DOT PL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:13:25 +0200
I've go mysql database (on database each month is created. Updated are
only cerrent month databases, others are only historical without update)

I've configured Legato Netowrker to do only incremental backups (im my
opinion only current month database), but sometimes (I have no idea why)
it makes very huge backup. Legato say it's incremantal backup not full
(in my opinion it is very similar to full, bacause I've got backed up
all files). UNIX ls shows that none of previous months files was changed
(but they are backed up).

My question is::

How Legato Networker that file was changed from last backup and should
be included to the current back up.

Environment:: Sparc Solaris 8, Legato Networker 6.1.4

Regards

Mariusz Bogumil