Networker

[Networker] Operational question

2004-04-12 05:48:47
Subject: [Networker] Operational question
From: Patricio Mora <patricio.mora.ext AT JUNTADEANDALUCIA DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 05:48:38 -0400
I would like to make better use of all of my libraries capacity, and
increase the number of copies for all my clients without affecting the rest
of copies and clones (I also have time window available).

I was thinking in reserving two or three LTO slots for extra copies, without
cloning. How can I do it, without affecting regular backups policies ?
Clones shouldn't lose integrity due to these copies never cloned inside a
cycle of full-incr backups. My first options were:

- Saving to a secondary index ? (I've tried, but all the instances of the
client use the same index)

- Saving, and, immediately afterwards, mark the savesets as suspect ?

- It is not a good idea at all ?