Networker

[Networker] nsrlog to remote share

2004-04-07 10:52:56
Subject: [Networker] nsrlog to remote share
From: Carl Farnsworth <cfarnsworth AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:52:51 -0400
Good day to all MS gurus!

I'm trying to modify the Bootstrap Notification to write using nsrlog to a
share on a remote system, but can't get it to work properly.  I think it's
a permissions problem, not syntax, since I can get it to work properly when
I run a savegrp -O from the command line, but for scheduled groups, nothing
gets written, and of course, no error message in daemon.log.  I tried
giving permissions of the share to the "SYSTEM" group, but that didn't help.

Command for Notification is: "nsrlog -f "\\remote_host\share\bootstrap.txt"

NW 7.1 on Win2K SP4.

Also, it seems as if only one Bootstrap notification can be defined - a
second one is not executed?  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Regards,
Carl Farnsworth