Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up filesystem in multiple file sets.....

2004-04-06 05:00:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up filesystem in multiple file sets.....
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:57:33 +0200
Solution provided seems to be the way to go.
However I would suggest that the "skip" directive will be replace by
"null".
This will solve potential problems of "not seeing" the /u01/oracle
directory while browsing through the client filesystem.
A snippet from the "uasm" documentation:
The null ASM does not back up the specified files and directories, but
keeps the file name in the online index of the parent directory. If a
file with null directive is specified as the save set to be backed up,
an empty save set (typically shown in 'mminfo -v' query as '4 B' in
size) is created in media index for information but the save set will
not contain any recoverable data.
Itzik