Networker

[Networker] files inside /nsr/tmp during savegrp get deleted

2004-03-29 10:37:48
Subject: [Networker] files inside /nsr/tmp during savegrp get deleted
From: Ty Young <phillip_young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:37:12 -0500
Server:  Solaris 8, NetWorker 7.1
Clients:  multiple UNIX platforms, NetWorker 6.1.x and higher

I am seeing a strange behavior wherein a given client's full backup of 180-
200 GB will progress for several hours, then -- without any warning --
stop and then restart from 0.

I have already done the usual debugging steps such as checking for network
collisions/retries, savegroup inactivity timeout (mine is set to 0), etc.

One thing I have noticed is that files under /nsr/tmp/
500 MB) and then, after a period of time, they go away.  Maybe not so
coincidently, it is these same clients' backups which restart.  There's a
*related* Knowledgebase article out there on Legato's website, but (a)
supposedly this problem is resolved in 7.1 (according to the fixed bugs
list) and (b) the circumstances I'm seeing don't match 100% with the
knowledgebase article.

My /nsr fs has 140 GB of capacity but is only 40% utilized, so I don't
believe there are capacity constraints here.

Anybody know what causes these files to get deleted?  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?