Networker

[Networker] NetWorker 6.2 clinet on Windows 2000 RPC errors

2004-03-19 16:23:35
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker 6.2 clinet on Windows 2000 RPC errors
From: Fred Zess <fred.zess AT SASKTEL.SK DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:13:25 -0600
I have a legato server running on an HP_UX box with a solaris 8 storage
node,
a windows 2000 client was just added and is trying to run a bakup to the
solaris storage node and we are receiveing the following errors.

The Widows 2000 server has 2 nic cards, one for the WAN and another nic
card for the backup network.

 sts2000098:SYSTEM DB:\: No full backups of this save set were found in the
media database; performing a full backup
* sts2000098:SYSTEM DB:\ save: RPC error: RPC program or version mismatch
* sts2000098:SYSTEM DB:\ save: Cannot open save session with terra
sts2000098                       SYSTEM FIL               failed:full:save

I did an rpcinfo of the client from the Legato server and storage node and
I saw no problem.

When I did an nslookup from the client, I saw the follwoing error.

program 100005  version 1 ready and waiting
rpcinfo: RPC program or version mismatch; low version = 1, hig version =3
error calling program 100005 version 2
program 100005  version 3 ready and waiting

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is?

Thanks in advance

Fred Zess

NOTICE:  This confidential e-mail message is only for the intended
recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
disclosing, copying, distributing, or any other use of this message, is
strictly prohibited. In such case, please destroy this message and notify
the sender.