Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Backup Problems

2004-03-17 12:26:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Backup Problems
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:26:20 -0700
Jessica Blackburn wrote:

Recently I've purchased and installed NDMP connection license and the
SnapImage module so that I can backed 2 Network Appliance filers.  The
backup of the smaller volumes is going well but the backup of the 154 GB
volume looks like all of the data is being backed up but it's failing a
"pacific:/vol/vol2 has been inactive for 60 minutes" error message.  Why
is this occurring and how to I fix this problem?

Here are some things  I would check:

1.  The network connection between the backup server and this filer.
(i.e. Can you copy a large file without errors?)
2.  What is your client parallelism for the filers?  Make sure the sum
of the parallelism values for all filers in this group are not greater
than the number of NDMP drives you have.  Alternately you should be able
to control this with the savegroup parallelism value as well.

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects
Unix Systems/Server Administrator