Networker

Re: [Networker] Automatic Backup every hour

2004-03-15 18:32:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automatic Backup every hour
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:32:33 -0600
>>Your script has to manage the output from savegrp itself if you do it that
way.

I'm sorry but you got me confused here by default when you run the savegrp
command all output goes to your default daemon.log file.  Also all
notifications for savegroup's run from the command line are in effect at all
times so I guess if you want to redirect your output then this really would
be the best way to run it.  But I do see your point with stopping it from
the GUI.  That is probably the only pain from running it VIA command line.
In fact it would be awesome if Legator could fix that.

Regards,

Chad Smykay, RHCE, LCNA
Systems Storage Administrator
Rackspace Managed Hosting (TM)