Networker

Re: [Networker] Need to confirm steps to upgrade to 6.1.4

2004-02-20 04:13:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] Need to confirm steps to upgrade to 6.1.4
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:32:30 +0000
Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: [Networker] Need to confirm steps to upgrade to 6.1.4, George...:

QUESTION: Should we remove the jukebox entries and devices? If so, I
guess we'd do that next before step 6.

I wouldn't, but it doesn't really make much difference.

I wouldn't either. There's no need at all. If you do then you need to
note any device and jukebox settings you may have changed, note the uses
on your cleaning tapes if you use NetWorker cleaning, and inventory all
your jukeboxes afterwards. In the environment I work in we have some
servers with 6 or more jukeboxes defined, doing all this would turn a
VERY simple point upgrade into a major operation taking hours.