Networker

Re: [Networker] Mass restore from a client

2004-02-18 12:19:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Mass restore from a client
From: Joseph Ortiz <jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:19:04 -0600
Chris,

Probably the simplest way to do this is to run:

mminfo -av -s server_name -c client_name >> outfile1

This shoudl dump all media index (not client index) records of tapes that
contain backups of any kind from the client you specified with the -c parameter.

As for data dumps from Legato tapes, only 2 companies come to mind that I know
do that type of work.  One is Ontrack and the other is a relatively new company
called Renew Data.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.