Networker

[Networker] ASR problem , client can't locate the server

2004-02-16 18:34:04
Subject: [Networker] ASR problem , client can't locate the server
From: Erik Andersson <erik AT ARCH.CHALMERS DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:24:01 +0100
Hi,
I have the my Networker server ( W2000 server) and one client ( W2003
server)
on different subnets.
Networker ver 7.1
To get the servers to locate each other I have to edit the hosts file and
include
the name and IP address.
Now I want  to test to restore the entire client using ASR.
But when the client try to connect to the Networker server
it can't locate it. Probably there isn't enough information
about the network on the ASR diskette
Is it possible to edit some files on the diskette
so the client can locate the Networker server ?

Regards,        Erik

Erik Andersson                           | School of Architecture
System Administrator at arch.chalmers.se | Chalmers University of
Technology