Networker

Re: [Networker] Merits of Linux and Solaris

2004-02-16 18:33:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Merits of Linux and Solaris
From: "Tarjei T. Jensen" <tarjei.jensen AT AKERKVAERNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 01:30:01 -0500
Stan Horwitz wrote:
>As such, one fly in the
>ointment for us is that SnapImage isn't offered for Linux. Has anyone on
>this list heard if there are any plans on Legato's part to offer a Linux
>version of SnapImage?

I would be more concerned about the server package as a whole. Things like
support. The value of things just working.

I am very weary of using Linux/xBSD as backup servers. There is too much
that needs to work together. Too much that can break. I don't want to fool
around finding workarounds for drivers that break.

greetings,