Networker

[Networker] Legato 4.21 for Netware

2004-02-12 21:38:30
Subject: [Networker] Legato 4.21 for Netware
From: Jorg Schumacher <jschumacher AT GOLDCOAST.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:38:28 -0500
Just want to update everybody in case somebody else is having this problem.

We have Legato 4.21 running on multiple Netware 5.1 Sp6 servers, all in
their own Legato data zones. Recently we found that during every full
backup, around the 40 Gb mark the server actually reboots. The backup does
not complete and we end up having to backup the server with individual save
sets. We have proven the "about 40 Gb" limit as some of the other servers
do not reboot, complete ok and their save sets are below the magical 40 gb
limit.

Legato have advised us that this is a "known bug" (another one with Legato
for Netware!!!!). It is described in LGTPA60976. I can't find anything on
Legato's web site regarding this however they have advised me that we have
been added to the list of users who have this issue. So far there is no fix
date. Just show's how much effort Legato are placing on Netware. !!!