Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP for NAS devices- do you like it?

2004-02-12 18:20:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP for NAS devices- do you like it?
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 01:18:36 +0200
There is nothing better than the most native command provided by the
specific vendor!!!
I would also strengthen this statement by saying that this will be the
most efficient and fastest backup and/or recover procedure for the named
platform.
How would a Unix symbolic link be represented in the CIFS world.
More over, how would such a creature be restored back to its place?
As already said before, if you backup from Unix (NFS) you loose CIFS
securities.
Itzik