Networker

[Networker] Disaster Recovery

2004-02-10 09:53:00
Subject: [Networker] Disaster Recovery
From: Fredrik W <firecracker AT HOME DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:43:14 -0500
Hi!
What is the best distaster recover plan to use when you running a
Networker site?

We have around 40 Win 2000 servers, a couple Linux Red Hat and Sun Solaris.
We have using Symantec Ghost to make an image of the systems but it is
hard to have time to update these images and therefor we need a better
disaster plan.

Perhaps we should use "ghost" to make a simple image for each hardware
configuration we have and after useing it we could use Netorker to recover
everything else on the server.

Then we have Networker Recover Manager. Has anyone used it? is it a good
way to solve the disaster recovery ?
There is versions for Win 2000 and Solaris.. But how will I do with my
Linux servers?

Does you have any better disaster strategy?

Kind regards
Fredrik W