Networker

Re: [Networker] Write protected tape

2004-02-03 19:33:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Write protected tape
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:33:08 -0800
> >It didn't mark the tape 'full', but it did mark it recyclable and
> >read-only.
>
> This shoots down the theory I posited yesterday, about non-full volumes
> that become recyc possibly not picking up (R) at the same time.
>
> Thanks for testing it!

No, I don't think it shoots it down entirely at all.  I need to back and
check, but I think I had at least one path that would have it go recyc
(E) but not readonly (r).

My post was only one specific example.

Ahh, here it is.  If I take a volume..

$ mminfo -r 'volume,state,volflags,%used'
 volume           flags  (%)
DLT.001                 full

delete all the ssids and run nsrim..

$ for i in `mminfo -av -r 'ssid'` ; do nsrmm -d -y -S $i ; done
$ nsrim -X
DLT.001: 2986 MB used,     0 save sets, full->recyclable
$ mminfo -av -r 'volume,state,volflags,%used'
 volume           flags  (%)
DLT.001        E        full

It's recyc, but not readonly.  I haven't done any sort of matrix to
understand exactly when it is and isn't readonly.  But both types appear
to be able to occur under some circumstances...

I'll need to recheck later.  The test box was some 6.x and it went to
6.1.3 after I finished.  I don't know if that will make a difference or
not.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company