Networker

[Networker] Saveset always backs up as level full?

2004-02-03 17:46:17
Subject: [Networker] Saveset always backs up as level full?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:46:54 -0500
Hi,

We have a client that seems to be getting backed up just fine. We have
several instances of this client, each backing up different save sets
with various directives. One instance backs up only one file system:

/disk2/exports/dir

This instance is the sole member of a group that runs incrementals
nightly, followed by level backups (5, 4, etc.) and  a full at end of
month. Strangely, it has been running a full every night since 01/20/03.
I have no idea why. When I launch the group, it just says that no file
system was found in the media db and insists on running a full. It's
almost as if it just thinks it's never backed it up before, but it does
this every night! Why would it be doing this when it runs incrementals
on the other instances just fine? Not sure how to fix this.

We're running 6.1.1 on primary server (Solaris 2.8) and storage node
(Redhat Linux 7.3).

Thanks.

George