Networker

[Networker] NetWare Cluster Support (Try 2)

2004-02-03 10:45:24
Subject: [Networker] NetWare Cluster Support (Try 2)
From: "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis.lists AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 07:45:13 -0800
After failing miserably with my last attempt, I'll try this again.  If
you're NetWare-aware, please respond.

I've got a NetWare cluster that has NetWare shared volumes in it that
migrate between physical nodes all the time.  I'm trying to back up that
shared volume so that it stays in one client index, instead of moving
around all the time.

Has anyone tried this:

1. Setup your client with the 'cluster=off' option (apparently
required).
2. Define client resources for each physical node and use the All
saveset.
3. Define a client resource for the virtual node.
   A. Manually enter the names of the virtual shared volumes in this
client
   B. Change the save command field to be "save -c virtualname"

Questions:
1. Will this properly backup the shared volume to virtualname's index?
2. Will using the All saveset cause the physical nodes to also backup
the shared volume?
3. If so, must I manually enter their volumes, too?