Networker

Re: [Networker] Solaris cannot see tape devices - HELP!!!

2004-01-30 15:59:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Solaris cannot see tape devices - HELP!!!
From: "Ungaro, Matt" <mjungaro AT CAPITOLINDEMNITY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:00:16 -0600
It's not that the drivers are missing, the problem is that an Adaptec 39160
doesn't have any fCode onboard, thus making it incompatible with the SPARC
platform. And don't bother with Sun's Ultra160 controller, it's Qlogic based.
While Qlogic makes decent Fibre Channel controllers, you don't want to use
their SCSI controllers. Go with something LSI Logic based, an Antares P-0076
is my recommendation, it's Solaris Ready and has the drivers built into
Solaris 8 10/01 and above.

Matt