Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NSRADMIN redirect to file as a scheduled job

2004-01-30 13:41:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NSRADMIN redirect to file as a scheduled job
From: Ernst Bokkelkamp <ernst AT BOKKELKAMP DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:32:54 +0100
Hallo Brian,

it is not a feature, it is a bug. A bug that has existed since 5.something
and has progressively gotten worse or better depending on unknown
circumstances. The "third of the data" part is unknown to me, the "carriage
returns" part I know very well. It looks that you have some networker
version that I haven't dealt with.  The problem is that nsradmin does not
work properly with a redirected / pipe output  and inserts spurious CR's
aswell as not flushing the output buffer. It has been a long time ago that I
last looked at the problem but I can remember that one of the problems was
that only part of the output did arrive and the rest after entering "quit".
Please note that I observed the problems using perl scripts to retrieve
information from nsradmin.  The last time I looked at the problem was with
6.1.3

Bye
Ernie