Networker

[Networker] Stopping Groups from the command line

2004-01-30 07:27:36
Subject: [Networker] Stopping Groups from the command line
From: Paul Hansson <paul.hansson AT TRIBON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:17:26 -0000
Hello everyone,

I am using NetWorker 6.2, running on Windows 2000 server, and I am try to
write a script which will gracefully close down NetWorker if the power fails
and my server goes onto UPS power.

What I want to do is issue a command to stop any running groups, unload the
current volume, then stop the NetWorker service and finally shutdown my
server.

Unloading the tape I can achieve with nsrjb, stopping the service I can
achieve with NET STOP, but how do I cancel any groups which may be running
prior to this.

I imagine that I cannot unload the tape while a group is running, and so
that will cause my whole script to fail, and leave NetWorker running (and
possible accessing the tape), when my UPS software shuts down the server.

Has anyone got any ideas or pointers as to how I can achieve this?

My thanks in advance,
Paul
_
Mr. Paul Hansson
Manager, IT
Tribon Solutions (UK) Limited
Centre for Advanced Industry, Coble Dene, Royal Quays,
North Shields, Tyne & Wear NE29 6DE, UK
Tel: +44 191 201 0000, Fax: +44 191 201 0001
Email: paul.hansson AT tribon DOT com
Web: www.tribon.com
The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended for the person or
entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of this information by persons or entities other
than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender.
_