Networker

[Networker] Need help turning off certain directories in client config.

2004-01-29 01:23:32
Subject: [Networker] Need help turning off certain directories in client config.
From: Gary Goldberg <og AT DIGIMARK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 01:23:25 -0500
Hello. I'm using the NT4/SP6a version of Networker 6.1 to back up a number
of machines, including Red Hat Linux 9 clients. I've followed the advice in
the Networker FAQ 'omatic for marking specific directories to not be backed up,
but I can't seem to find the right syntax. Currently I have "All" specified for
the client, and that backs up everything with no problem.

For purposes of example, I have a Red Hat 9 server with /, /boot, /var and
/home partitions. "All" captures them all. I'd like to exclude /home/static
and /var/tmp, while still getting the rest of the system.

What would the directive look like for this? Also, is there a way to specify
such information on the client instead of in the Networker GUI on the
serverhost? Thanks in advance for any information or advice. -Gary

--
-- "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin
Gary Goldberg KA3ZYW <og AT digimark DOT net> V:301/249-6501 F:301/390-1955