Networker

[Networker] mminfo - date sorting and reporting

2004-01-27 09:31:01
Subject: [Networker] mminfo - date sorting and reporting
From: "Denny, John" <jdenny AT TYCOINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 09:20:45 -0500
Hello, I'm new to this list and am happy it exists!   I been diving into
Legato for the past couple of months and at this point I'm trying to come up
with some reasonable off site tapes.   At present I want to send all tapes
that are full backups of a specific client that are 6 days old and older
offsite.   The tool of choice for scripting this would seem to be mminfo.
However, the date options on mminfo all go from a specific date and newer,
not older!    I've read through the docs and through this mail list archive
and haven't stumbled across a way to reverse this.   I find myself wondering
2 things.   Does anybody else do it this way and if so, how, and secondly if
no one is doing it this way, then what are people doing for getting tapes
offsite.   i.e..  Does everybody clone?

-John