Networker

Re: [Networker] NEtworker v7.1 License issues

2004-01-22 04:03:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] NEtworker v7.1 License issues
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:01:51 -0000
Craig,
        The res files, as you've probably already found out, are now
split into individual files spread over directories (I assume that there
is some sort of hash function which determines which directory the file
resides in). Not having the details of this hash function leaves you
with a couple of ways to find the file in question. You can do it
manually, open each file and examine its contents looking for the base
enabler (fine if you have all the time in the world...) or you can have
your machine do the donkey work for you by searching the files for the
base enabler.
        What you do with the file when you've found it, I'm not that
sure. I'd probably move it to another directory (I suppose you could
delete it, after all, you do have the enabler so you could recreate the
file if required) then restart Networker.
        Pre 7.x we could just stop Networker, remove/rename the nsr.res
file and restart Networker. So, maybe, I suppose you could
rename/relocate all of the res files (directories and all) and still
work.

NB I haven't tried this with 7.x but maybe someone on this list has.

Bob