Networker

Re: [Networker] repost: directive for snapshot folder not working.

2004-01-20 18:09:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] repost: directive for snapshot folder not working.
From: Evan Gold <egold AT FSA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:09:18 -0500
thank you,
i just found a way to have the NAS not show the ~snapshot folder at all if
i use a different mapping, so ill do that

thanks all for the help.

Evan

             Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA                                     Subject
             IL.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] repost: directive
                                       for snapshot folder not working.

             01/20/2004 05:48
             PM

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTMA
              IL.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
               Darren Dunham
             <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM

> This is just a guess, as I've never had to backup a NAS device.. But if
> your saveset is
>
> \\mynasdevice\myshare
>
> Perhaps you want:
>
> <<"\">>                         (back slash instead of forward slash)
> +skip: ~snapshot
>
> Mind you this is a stab in the dark.

My assumption is that this would not work either (but I can't test it).
The directive has to match an exact or parent directory.  You can't
"cd .."  from a UNC path and ever reach anything called "/" or "\".

You'll probably have to put in a directive for the UNC mount point.

I don't see this topic mentioned in the AG or a tech bulletin.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company