Networker

[Networker] Backing up SQL cluster

2004-01-20 00:16:29
Subject: [Networker] Backing up SQL cluster
From: "Ungaro, Matt" <mjungaro AT CAPITOLINDEMNITY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:14:23 -0600
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the help on increasing backup speed. Recently we implemented a
MS SQL cluster. It is 2 nodes, running Windows 2000 Advanced server and SQL
2000 enterprise. I installed the Networker client and module for SQL on both
nodes of the cluster. On my Networker server, I have created a client
resource for the virtual server, in that client resource I specified the save
set as MSSQL:, I specified the administrator on both nodes for remote access,
and I specified our domain account for administering SQL servers as the
remote user, and entered the user's password. I also put in the FQDNs of each
of the nodes as aliases, as well as the name of the server and it's fqdn.
When I attempt a manual savegrp (savegrp -c blade (Virtual server)) I get the
following output:

savefs -s carl -c blade -g sql_servers -p -l full -R -v -F MSSQL:
01/19/04 23:07:34 savegrp: blade:probe succeeded.
rcmd blade, user <user>: `savefs -s carl -c blade -g sql_servers -p -l full
-R -v -F MSSQL:'
nsrexec: authtype nsrexec
type: NSR client description;
pools supported: Yes;
browse time supported: Yes;
remote user: <user>;
groups: Domain Users, Everyone, Administrators, Users, Authenticated Users,
Test Group, CIC_For_Reals, IS, CapitolInternal, ADP_HR, Domain Admins,
IS_Net;
arch: Windows NT;
client OS type: Windows NT Server on Intel;
CPU type: INTEL_PENTIUM;
CPUs: 0;
IP address: 10.1.4.12, 192.168.10.112;
machine type: server;
MB used: 27751;
NetWorker version: 6.1.3.Build.428;
OS: Windows NT 5.0;
physical hostname: snap.capitolindemnity.com;
version: 6.1.3.Build.428;
save set: path="MSSQL:", arg="MSSQL:", level=full, diskno=0, max_sessions=1,
stype=save ;
parallelism: 8
blade:MSSQL:                       level=full, dn=0, mx=1, vers=ssbrowse, p=4
01/19/04 23:07:34 savegrp: blade:MSSQL:
started
nsrsqlsv.exe -a blade.capitolindemnity.com -s carl -g sql_servers -LL -m
blade -l full -W 78 -N MSSQL: MSSQL:
01/19/04 23:07:36 savegrp: blade:MSSQL: succeeded.
  blade:MSSQL:: No full backups of this save set were found in the media
database; performing a full backup
* blade:MSSQL: rcmd blade, user <user>: `nsrsqlsv.exe -a
blade.capitolindemnity.com -s carl -g sql_servers -LL -m blade -l full -W 78
-N MSSQL: MSSQL:'
  blade.capitolindemnity.com is a SQL 2000 Virtual Server
* blade:MSSQL: Network name does not exist: (null).
01/19/04 23:07:36 savegrp: blade:MSSQL: will retry 1 more time(s)

The IP addresses shown are the IP addresses of the primary node of the
cluster, as well as the physical hostname. Also, if I start the Networker
User for SQL on either node, it reports back that "No active SQL servers
found on this system." then closes after hitting OK. If any more information
is needed, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt