Networker

Re: [Networker] I just added more slots to my library, how do i tell legato to recognize them?

2004-01-16 13:12:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] I just added more slots to my library, how do i tell legato to recognize them?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:11:50 -0800
On Jan 16, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Myles, Laura M wrote:

why would Legato have anything to do with licensing (how many slots are
in a jukebox) .. has nothing to do with how many storage nodes or
servers are running .. they're slots in a library.

Marketing.  If you have enough money to buy a bigger auto changer,
then the theory goes that you have enough money to buy a license to use
the extra capacity.

The license doesn't effect the changer, but NetWorker will not
recognize them if you don't have a license that allows the software to
use them all.

Byron