Networker

Re: [Networker] ADIC vs. StorageTek Libraries

2004-01-16 04:48:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] ADIC vs. StorageTek Libraries
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:31:54 +0000
Matthew Huff wrote:
We are looking at purchasing a new tape library system for our NDMP
NetApp backups. We have been looking at both ADIC and StorageTek. I was
wondering if anyone has any feedback regarding either of their
reliability and support. Both are enterprise library providers with good
reputation, but I was hoping for some personal experience from some on
this list given the cost of either solution.

Hmmm, should I buy Coke or Pepsi?

I have worked with both, although more with STK. My current customer has
64 STK libraries (from L20 to L5500 as well as some older 97xx
libraries) and one old ADIC. I can recommend STK and their support.
However I have also worked with several ADIC libraries at other
companies, and found them equally good. On technical merit there is
little to choose.