Networker

Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?

2004-01-15 11:41:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:41:19 -0800
On Jan 15, 2004, at 4:49 AM, Miles D. Oliver wrote:

 I'm very new to Legato and am looking for other sources of
documentation
other than the PDF files from Legato and the archives of this list.

FYI, the product name is NetWorker.  Legato was the company that
produced it before they were bought.

 However,  2 of the systems are running oracle and we do not need to
backup ALL of the filesystems, only selected filesystems nightly.

Leave the client savesets at All if you have more non-oracle
filesystems than oracle filesystems.  Then, create a new directive
based on the "Unix standard directive" and add a line like:
       < /oracle/path>
               skip: .

and set the client resources to use the new directive.  Otherwise, edit
the savesets in each client.  Pick the one that will take less time to
administer, is what I'm saying.