Networker

Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?

2004-01-15 08:34:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:34:09 -0500
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Miles D. Oliver wrote:

> Is there any kind of a 'Legato for Dummies' type of resource??  I'm
>fumbling badly here and could use some assistance.  I've RTFM'd till I'm
>blue in the face.

What you probably need to do is create another client entry for the system
and specify the specific saves sets (directories) you do want to back up,
then assign that to its own group.

You might also consider signing up for some NetWorker training courses. I
have attended the courses offered by Cambridge Computer and found them to
be very informative. In fact, I am scheduled to attend the advanced course
for NetWorker 7 later this month there. They're located just outside
Boston.  See http://www.cambridgecomputer.com for details.

By the way, keep in mind that you will also need to do some test
recoveries to be sure that the backups you THINK you are doing are in fact
being done. This will help you avoid any surprises when you attempt
to recover data after a system crash or when a user inadvertantly
deletes important files.