Networker

Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?

2004-01-15 08:27:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] I just don't seem to get it... Are there other doc resources?
From: Yura Pismerov <ypismerov AT TUCOWS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:26:52 -0500
   What you need is called Save Set in client properties. Just list all
your filesystems there.

From moliver AT linux.lgi DOT com Thu Jan 15 07:46:38 2004
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 08:21:51 -0500 (EST)
From: Miles D. Oliver <moliver AT linux.lgi DOT com>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Subject: I just don't get it... Are there other doc resources?

Sorry for the post, it is out of frustration that I am making it.

I'm very new to Legato and am looking for other sources of documentation
other than the PDF files from Legato and the archives of this list.

I am 'attempting' to manage a 4 host Sun environment with 2 480s and 2
220Rs and an L9 tape drive on one of the 480s.

So far I have been able to perform the Legato installation add all the
other Sun clients and are performing scheduled automated backups with full
and incrementals of the systems. At least I think that I am doing this
properly. I found the documentation hard to digest and understand.

However,  2 of the systems are running oracle and we do not need to
backup ALL of the filesystems, only selected filesystems nightly.

I can't seem for the life of me to figure out how to create a backup
schedule that will backup only selected filesystems on each
server.

Is there any kind of a 'Legato for Dummies' type of resource??  I'm
fumbling badly here and could use some assistance.  I've RTFM'd till I'm
blue in the face.

--
Miles D. Oliver