Networker

Re: [Networker] backup mapped drive help

2004-01-14 18:25:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup mapped drive help
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 01:24:26 +0200
Evan,
The client backups are done by the effective user of the Networker
Remote Exec.
This user does not have the Z: disk mapped.
You should backup the network drive using UNC path like \\netapp\c$.
(this has to be the name of the saveset).
Make sure the Networker Remote Exec service is run by a user that will
be properly authenticated by your remote CIFS file server (Netapp).
To exclude the snapshots, the easiest way will be to create a directive
at the root of the volume.
The file name should be "nsr.dir" and its contents should be "+skip:
~snapshot"
HTH,
        Itzik

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

MBI - System Team