Networker

[Networker] clone script

2004-01-13 15:48:38
Subject: [Networker] clone script
From: "Shelley L. Shostak" <sls AT QSTECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:48:29 -0800
Well, I am leaving my current position and will no longer be doing Networker
backups, so I am going to throw this cloning script over the wall for the
benefit of anyone who might like it before I unsub from the list.  Contact
info is in the script.

This script was originally a /bin/sh created by Rodnet Rutherford.  I
converted it to perl (gee, I wish I had used it to learn python), and updated
it somewhat.

I does indeed work, and it is pretty clean except for the missing features
(does not trap signals, for one).  One glaring major omission is that you can
only run one at a time, as it checks for lock files.  I only have two
non-NDMP drives, so this was not a feature that I could implement and
properly test, so it is up to the next interested party to consider that
feature.  Now if NDMP supported clone by saveset...

There is a 500 line limit on postings, so I have made the script available via
the web:  http://www.phy.duke.edu/~sls.

Once again, this has been a great list.  Maybe I'll be back some day :-)

Shelley

--
    Shelley L. Shostak, PhD                     sls AT qstech DOT com
    Voice: (408) 574-3389

    ... soon to be ...

    Shelley L. Shostak, PhD                     sls AT google DOT com
    Release Engineer                            Google, Inc.

    ... but always ...

    sls123 AT sonic DOT net or sls AT phy.duke DOT edu