Networker

Re: [Networker] What release should we be running?

2004-01-13 12:28:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] What release should we be running?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:29:14 -0500
I wasn't aware of any problems using a mixed OS storage node
configuration. Could be, but I've not noticed any problems before. The
only problem we're having that I'm aware of is this darn SCSI issue. I
also have a 7.0 release, but I'm guessing that may not be the prudent
choice over something like 6.1.3. so maybe I'll install 6.1.3 and see
where that takes us.

We have considered using other SCSI cards but we bought all these
Adaptec cards and all our other hardware, including RAID, etc. uses
Adaptec cards on linux servers with no problems.

George