Networker

Re: [Networker] how to backup NAS device?

2004-01-13 11:25:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] how to backup NAS device?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:25:00 -0500
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Evan Gold wrote:

>I have a NAS device that supports NDMP,
>how can i back that up in legato?
>
>I tried to make a client with NDMP but i didnt know what to put in as the
>saveset.
>
>also how can i make legato backup a mapped drive if i want to do it that
>way.

In case you aren't aware of it, NDMP is a separately licensed feature for
Legato so if you do not have the license, you need to buy it. Also, do you
have a tape library directly connected to your NAS device? If not, you
also need Snapimage (also a separately licensed software). As for how to
set up your NetWorker server for NDMP backups, the first thing you need to
do is read the NDMP documentation, which is available via Legato's web
site. Each type of NDMP client has a different set of directions that need
to be followed in order to back it up, but this is all documented fairly
clearly.