Networker

[Networker] What release should we be running?

2004-01-13 11:16:33
Subject: [Networker] What release should we be running?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:16:55 -0500
Hi,

We've been running NetWorker 6.1.1.Build.238 for quite some time now on
both our primary server and single storage node. There have been a lot
of suggestions from a lot of people on possible sources of our SCSI
timeout (resets) that we've been seeing on our Storagetek library,
running on the storage node. Anyway, it seems that perhaps one thing we
really should do regardless is to upgrade our NetWorker software to the
most recent "stable" release.
Sometime back, I'd heard numerous complaints on this listing regarding
all these patches that people needed to install due to various bugs in
some release since 6.1.1, but I don't recall which one that was. With
all the headaches we've been having with the SCSI problems, I'd really
hate to compound our problems with NetWorker problems, but perhaps
installing a later release may fix our problem with the library since it
could perhaps be a bug inherent in 6.1.1 We do have a copy of 6.1.3 that
we never installed. Could install that, but seems silly if we can get a
later release, so this brings up the 10K question:

What is the most recent "stable" release that folks recommend? We're
running Solaris 2.8 on our primary server and RedHat 7.3 on our storage
node.

Thank you.

George