Networker

Re: [Networker] Barcodes not showing up. Networker 6.1.3

2004-01-12 20:20:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Barcodes not showing up. Networker 6.1.3
From: "Lin, Vincent" <vlinx AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:19:54 -0800
Make sure barcode reader option is turn on as per Dan's instruction and then
try:

nsrjb -IE

See if Networker can read the internal label. Once you can read both internal
and external label, then scan those tapes back into the nsr index using scanner
command.

cheers,
Vincent

Matt Temple <mht AT RESEARCH.DFCI.HARVARD DOT EDU> wrote:
Davina Treiber wrote:

> Dan Tulovsky wrote:
>
>> I have the following problem, perhaps someone has run across this?
>>
>> Networker 6.1.3 on Solaris.
>> Qualstar Jukebox.
>>
>> I received new tapes (ait-3 if that matters at all), but did not have
>> new bar codes yet. I put the new tapes into the jukebox without
>> barcodes, labeled them and all has been working fine. Recently I
>> received the barcodes. I took the tapes out, put barcodes on them and
>> put the tapes back in.
>>
>> I then did a full inventory of the jukebox. I also did:
>>
>> Nsrjb -HE
>>
>> None of this has made the barcodes appear in the
>>>

> The first thing I would look at is whether the jukebox is physically
> reading the jukebox. I have come across situations where the wrong
> barcodes have been used and they couldn't be read. Check them using the
> sjirdtag command.
>
> If that's OK, then consider the settings you used when you jbconfiged
> the jukebox. You obviously couldn't have set the "match barcodes to
> labels" flag since you wouldn't have been able to label any tapes. Did
> you set the "use bar codes" flag? Also there is a check box that
> indicates whether the jukebox has a barcode reader. If any of these are
> wrong you should correct them and try again. You might just need to
> re-run jbconfig if that doesn't work.

Hi,

I also need to check which version it was, but one of the Netowrker
version upgrades (and it might have been 6.1.3) caused a peculiar event
on our Qualstar library. I'm at home now and don't have full access,
but one of the menu items on the library had to be changed.
I think the item was in the library configuration and was a "Serial
Port" setting or something like that. After the update, and until
the change was made, Networker and the library couldn't seem to manage
to use the bar codes. Once the setting was changed, all went back to
normal. I hadn't seen this mentioned here. If anyone wants more
information on this, I can dig it up.

Matt Temple

Matthew Temple Tel: 617/632-2597
Director, Research Computing Fax: 617/632-4012
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute mht AT research.dfci.harvard DOT edu
44 Binney Street, JF 314 http://research.dfci.harvard.edu
Boston, MA 02115 Choice is the Choice!