Networker

Re: [Networker] sg driver versus Adaptec?

2004-01-12 19:18:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] sg driver versus Adaptec?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:18:48 -0500
Okay, makes sense now. Legato is relying on this higer level driver
which itself handles communication to the more vendor specific one -- in
his case, the Adaptec.

I did nothing myself to these cards. I simply installed them and ran the
normal kudzu config. I did not overly go in and change the SCSI host id
of the cards so they should be set to however they were shipped. I could
reboot the host and enter the BIOS of each card and check, though. What
should this value be? Since we have three of these cards on the host
(two are being used by Storagetek libary and third is being used by ATL
library), what should their respective values be set to?

Thanks

George