Networker

Re: [Networker] Chronic NDMP backup problems -- BACKUP CHECKPOINT?

2004-01-07 01:09:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Chronic NDMP backup problems -- BACKUP CHECKPOINT?
From: Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:09:33 +0200
Veritas NetBackup V5, currently in beta testing has builtin checkpoints for
resumption of failed jobs. I am still unsure of whether this functionality will
be extended to NDMP backups as well. Also, given the EMC ownership of Legato,
NetApp and Legato have sort of severed the relationship, and NetApp have now
gotten in bed with Veritas. So perhaps, we will see NDMP backups of NBU having
checkpointing as well. Note that checkpoint based resumptions will only be
available in Unix and Windows FileSystem based backups for obvious reasons.

HTH

Sumash