Networker

Re: [Networker] SDLT320 Support with Solstice Backup 6.1 Build 186

2004-01-05 17:39:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] SDLT320 Support with Solstice Backup 6.1 Build 186
From: Tom Jones <tjones AT STATESMAN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:39:38 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Darren Dunham" <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 11:21 PM

> > I did perform the unload of the st module.  I am concerned that a mt status
> > still shows Exabyte Mammoth 2 instead of the SDLT320.  mt rewind and
> > offline are functioning fine with the SDLT320.
>
> What are your st.conf lines for the 320?

No lines for SDLT320 in the st.conf.  I patched Solaris 2.6 to provide support
for
the 320, meaning st should support it without changes to st.conf.  I checked a
Solaris 9 server and it didn't have any lines for 320 even though it has two
SDLT320
drives attached.

> Generally after unloading the driver and then accessing the device, you
> get output from the driver on the console or in /var/adm/messages
> showing detected devices.  Do you have such output?

No output in /var/adm/messages.

I still want to schedule a reboot of the server to see if it recognizes the
drive
as an SDLT instead of the Exabyte M2 when issuing an "mt status" command.

I also want to try to override the capacity and see what Networker does.
Currently,
Networker thinks its a DLT with 100GB capacity - I'd override with 160GB during
the
label of the tape.

Tom