Networker

Re: [Networker] aborted due to inactivity

2004-01-05 16:10:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] aborted due to inactivity
From: Itzik Meirson <imeirson AT MBI.CO DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:09:36 +0200
Joel,
This may have to do with "control connections" been dropped when there
is no activity on the connection. Usually this is handled by inactivity
timeout.
However if the "control connection" is inactive while the "data
connection" is actively transferring data, you will see that the backup
completes but the "control session" is not available anymore to notify
savegrp that the backup completed. In this case the backup will be
restarted if the group retry count is higher than zero.
To try and fix the problem you may have to fiddle with the "otherwise
default" Windows value for the TCP/IP parameter "KeepAliveTime".
Hope this provides you a pointer.
Itzik

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or
the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

MBI - System Team