Networker

[Networker] A few questions on Legato Laptop (7.0.3)

2003-12-19 09:06:02
Subject: [Networker] A few questions on Legato Laptop (7.0.3)
From: "McDougal, Philip H" <PMcDougal AT JENNER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:05:50 -0600
Hello.

I was wondering if anyone who's using Legato Laptop could give me some info.
The Legato support people hadn't even installed 7.0 when I called so I'm
worried about getting some definitive answers from them.

A few of the questions I had that I couldn't find in the man pages (or
archives) were,

1.  Is there a way for an Administrator to view a clients archive set without
having everyone being able to view them?
2.  Is there a way for scheduling to do a backup on bootup or to deter other
programs from starting while it backs up upon bootup?
3.  And does anyone have any experience backing up open PSTs with it?  Will it
touch the file if it sees it's open and then maybe back it up if the user
closes out of Outlook?

If anyone has had some experience customizing the agent and deploying it, I'd
like to hear about it offlist.

Thank you for any help or leads anyone can give me.

Have a nice weekend,
Phil McDougal.