Networker

Re: [Networker] index restores

2003-12-05 08:08:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] index restores
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:19:26 +0200
Hi,

As far as I know, when you restore indexes (read here all of the indexes
that were backed up at specified time) the "current" policies are applied to
it again. I.e.: if you have a 1 month browse, the index of march which you
restored in July will be "browsable" for one month.

So, in the scenario you mentioned I would think that the indexes that were
restored in July and backed up that same night - will be visible in the
November restore, and will be visible for 1 month from the date that you
restored them ... (i.e. until december)

I might however be wrong, and I would put the blame purely due to the fact
that it is Friday afternoon, about a million degrees "out there" and the
aircon isnt working properly ...

Riaan