Networker

Re: [Networker] Cleaning required errors again

2003-12-01 11:33:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cleaning required errors again
From: "Fields, David" <David.Fields AT ACS-INC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 11:32:26 -0500
I had a problem similar to this when using Network 6.1.1 and an Exabyte 220
Library with two Mammoth drives.  I kept getting messages saying that the
drive needed cleaning, even right after the drive was cleaned.  We tried the
latest service packs for Windows 2000, firmware upgrades, different scsi
cards, cables, you name it.  After essentially having every component in the
library replaced, we tested the library using Networker 7.0 and the messages
went away.   We are using a Dell 136T library (the same as an ADIC Scalar
100 or 1000), and we don't get those messages though.  Weird.

Try testing with network 7.0 if you can, see if that clears up your
messages.

Dave