Networker

Re: [Networker] Poor performance with LTO 2 drives

2003-11-28 12:31:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Poor performance with LTO 2 drives
From: Paul Langford <plangfor AT AB.BLUECROSS DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 10:32:34 -0700
thanks

what we found was a file in /debug called noimmediate that networker touched
and then turned off a feature in both turbopak and power edition.  This
feature bypasses the internal loopback that networker uses.  When enabled,
memory is used, greatly speading up the backup process. We are now getting
over 30MB/s on each LTO2 drive, and our old Exabyte drives realized an
increase of almost 5MB/s.