Networker

Re: [Networker] backup of old index and mm files?

2003-11-28 11:19:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup of old index and mm files?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:19:20 -0500
Hi, Lynsey,

Not sure what you're asking here. Do you want to create a directive to
skip the area that contains the old stuff, or do you want advice on if
or how or whether you should back it up, too? The reason I ask is
because you state that the data is not being backed up under the 'all'
saveset, so if it's not that to me implies that it's being skipped
somehow so you already must have the directive in place.

Please clarify further. What is your objective? What operating system
are you running? What is the complete, full path of where the old stuff
now lives? For example, if it lives under / (unix) or C:\ under MS and
not under /nsr or c:\nsr then it should be getting grabbed as part of
the backup for / or C:\, unless a directive is already in place to skip
it.

George