Networker

Re: [Networker] Strange error during inventory

2003-11-25 17:31:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Strange error during inventory
From: "Reed, Ted G II [ITS]" <ted.reed AT MAIL.SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:31:03 -0600
the '-99999' error is legato's way of saying "there's a tape in my drive and I
don't know where it belongs".  Our process is to open the GUI -> Media ->
Jukebox and Media -> Drives, change drive state "Enabled = No", view Details on
the Jukebox and go down to the 3 pack of "Loaded Volume", "Loaded bar code",
"Loaded slots".  Find the tape in questions (probably marked by a dash (-) in
volume/barcode and -99999 as slot).  Highlight those values, erase them and hit
the "change" button, to cause those 3 fields to now be blank.  Then, under
Drives, "Enabled=Yes" and mount a different tape to that device.  If legato was
only confused, it should eject the tape and put it back to it's original slot.
If the tape is actually stuck, you will get the read i/o error again and the
-99999 will be back.  That will probably require a hands-on removal of the tape
from the drive.
--Ted