Networker

[Networker] Svar: [Networker] How to automate cloning after command line save?

2003-11-25 06:32:21
Subject: [Networker] Svar: [Networker] How to automate cloning after command line save?
From: Tommy Henriksen <tommy_henriksen AT NORDDATA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:21:56 +0100
Hi George,

As I see it you can either use savegrp, and the nsrclone from a script.
If you want to control it from the gui use savepnpc as backup command,
this way you can let it clone after you have completed your savesets.
Hope this helps.

Best rgds /Tommy

>>> George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV> 21:09:58 24-11-2003 >>>
Hi,

Just curious if it's possible to automate the cloning of a saveset
after
the save command completes? I know it can be done from the gui by
setting the clone pool under the affected group, but if you're running
save command from the command line, is there any way to do this aside
from just creating a script and having the script query the database
for
the ssid and then have the script run the nsrclone command against it?

I see that there's a -g group option for save but seems like you'd
have
to have the savesets already listed under the given client in nwadmin
make it work. I can't hard code it ahead of time because this will be
running out of cron nightly. The script will back up and clone
whatever
it finds in this one particular directory that matches a specific
naming
convention but only if it's not yet been backed up or was but failed
or
was incomplete. This is why I need to run it from a script. I want the
script to clone the saveset after it backs it up, so I was wondering
if
I could get NetWorker to do it all from one command.

Thanks.

George
George.Sinclair AT noaa DOT gov

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email